WOW! I was not expecting these results this week, but it was nice. Let’s get to the numbers!
- Weight – 253.2 lbs (2.2 lbs gained, 13 lbs lost total)
- BMI – 33.6 (.2 lost, 1.7 lost total)
- Waist to Hip Ratio: 1 (remained the same, .02 lost total)
- Body Fat – 18.85% (.35% lost, 3.45% lost total)
- Chest – 45″ (.5″ lost, 1.5″ lost total)
- Arms – 14.5″ (.5″ lost, .5″ gained total)
- Hips – 45.5″ (.25″ lost, 2″ lost total)
- Waist – 45.5″ (remained the same, 3″ lost total)
- Thighs – 26.5″ (.5″ gained, nothing lost/gained total)
- Calves – 16.5″ (remained the same, .5″ lost total)
- Forearms – 12″ (remained the same, nothing lost/gained total)
- Shoulders – 50″ (.5″ lost, 2″ lost total)
- Neck – 16.5″ (remained the same, .5″ lost total)
So as you can see I made good progress on waist, hips, chest, shoulders, and body fat. Obviously body fat is the one I was the most excited for because I was getting concerned towards the end of the week. It seemed like no matter how much I kept my diet the same, I would get hungry later in the evening and would have to eat and the next morning the scale would show it. So on Saturday I kept my diet very strict, did no snacking while at work (Except for some fruit) and then I couldn’t even complete my normal treadmill time because I started to get incredibly hungry and weak. My hamstring started to cramp up on me in my left leg and my mouth went dry (signs of dehydration) and I got scared. I had to stop after 15 minutes (normally I do 45 minutes) and I stood at the water fountain for a good two minutes getting as much water in me as possible.
I have successfully stopped drinking soda at work, and now I drink unsweet tea with some flavor syrup in it for sweetener (either raspberry syrup or surprisingly enough the caramel syrup is very good too) and that’s helped. The caffeine in the tea helped prevent caffeine headaches which was my main concern. I think my goal next week will be to go to straight water all day except for two glasses of tea (probably one at the beginning of the day and one at the end of the shift) to see if I can handle that, if not at least I know I can go back to the tea and not have to go back to soda nonstop. So I guess that would be my non-scale victory this week.
There is two weeks left in this first 90 day challenge, and I am happy with the progress I’ve made. That of course does not mean that I am going to go easy on myself either. I will continue to keep pushing myself, because that is the only way I will get better.